Our Review Process
Our review process is simple:
- STEP ONE: We review your documents to make sure we have all the information we need, reaching out to you if we are missing anything.
- STEP TWO: We run your information through our objective model to determine whether your company is a good fit for us.
- STEP THREE: If your company is not a good fit, we aim to notify you within two weeks (often sooner) by email or telephone. If it may be a good fit for us, we request phone interviews with one or more of the investors and with company management. We may also have a few additional questions.
- STEP FOUR: We make our decision shortly after completing these interviews and inform the company confidentially by email or telephone. Assuming no scheduling conflicts, this will typically occur within two weeks of us receiving your initial documents.
- STEP FIVE: Prior to closing, we conduct legal review of the documents, conduct background checks on key members of management, and complete other final diligence as necessary.
While our process is fast and simple for entrepreneurs, it is also highly selective. Because our model is designed to create a portfolio with very specific characteristics, we will pass on the majority of investments we review. That said, we recognize that a number of the opportunities which we decline will prove to be highly successful companies.